Thursday 10 November 2011

Cheese and Garlic Scones


Made some cheese and garlic scones this week by following Frugal Feeding's recipe. The original called for cheddar, but I only had Comte in my fridge and went with that. I accidentally on purpose grated more cheese than was necessary and topped the scones with it before baking them, for extra-cheesiness.

These are best eaten straight out of the oven, cut in half with dollops of butter melting on it. I had them for lunch just after I made them, but they are also pretty good as a snack when cooled down. 


4 comments:

  1. These looks absolutely delicious...they're making me hungry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so easy to make, I recommend trying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAWD, they look so good. Aren't scones always best eaten straight out of the oven? They are never the same the next day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they became rather hard the next day...guess I'll just have to eat them all in one go next time!

    ReplyDelete