Friday 3 June 2011

Epic Potato Salad

Po-tay-toe...Po-tah-toe...I love them! Mashed, roasted, fried, boiled, or, in this case, saladified (yes, that is the proper technical term for putting potatoes in a salad). This epic potato salad is solid enough to stand on it's own as a meal - we had it for dinner last night, with no accompaniments. It can also be made the night before, and served chilled at a summer picnic. 

It's the little chunks of bacon and chorizo in this that makes it so addictive. The little bits of meat are rendered until they get nice and crispy (even a little burnt), and then both meat and fat are added to the salad, for a subtly smoky, meat texture. I've made this salad a few times, with a few changes along the way, and since I'm sure you know how to make a potato salad anyway, this isn't so much a recipe, as a List of Stuff I Like In My Potato Salad.

List Of Stuff I Like In My Potato Salad
- bacon (lardons preferred)
- chorizo
- new baby potatoes
- sweet potatoes
- beetroot
- hardboiled eggs
- chives
- mayonnaise

The quantities are a matter of preference, and it's sooo easy to throw together that you're likely to find yourself making it all summer long.

2 comments:

  1. YES! That potato salad looks fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just gave me a lardon.




    Jk, I hate f-logs ;)


    But like...you know...if I liked them I would LOVE all yours 'n' stuff....

    ReplyDelete