Thursday 23 September 2010

Bread and Butter

Another awesome thing to make with brioche buns - bread and butter pudding, with layers of fresh fruits and lots of custard.

For this pudding, I simply sliced up my last four buns, buttered them (liberally) on both sides, added some frozen cherries and slices of a fresh nectarine, and layered everything into a loaf pan. I then beat up three eggs with about a cup of milk (I used rice milk because it was all I had that night), poured it all over the bread and fruit mixture, sprinkled more butter and some brown sugar on top of it all, and let it bake for 40 minutes. 

The resulting pudding is moist and slightly custardy, and is great on its own, but if you want to be really indulgent, a dollop of ice cream would make it even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment