Wednesday 16 June 2010

Chocolate Bread

Chocolate bread? You had me at hello choco! I'd first glimpse this enticing recipe over on Popcornstories, and followed it to its source - David Lebovitz's Chocolate Bread recipe. And yes, it is bread, with yeast and bread flour and all. 
If you've always wanted to try making your own bread, but haven't started for whatever reason, I'd suggest you give this deliciously decadent recipe a go. There's no kneading involved (kneading always seems like such a deterrent when I talk to others about making bread, but I'm one of those who actually enjoy the kneading process), in fact, I found the process akin to brownie-making. Eggs, cocoa, chocolate, nuts, milk - they're all there, just like a good brownie. 
I won't re-write the recipe here, as Mr. Lebovitz explains it all so much better than I ever could. It's practically a thesis on chocolate bread production. The only thing I added to the recipe was the zest of an orange, which I thought added a refreshing, light scent to the bread, and makes it smell sooooo wonderful while in the oven. It's great on its own, washed down with a cup of coffee, or you could be really decadent and slather some Nutella over it, like The Mancreature did. 

2 comments: