Wednesday 31 December 2008

Pony Club Time!


Back in Sydney, in time for New Year's. I left London on Boxing Day (a cold winter's morning), and after spending about 36 hours in a flying machine, I arrived to a sweltering summer's day. I guess going halfway around the world does have it's rewards sometimes.
The ponies were there to pick me up from the airport. It's pretty much been holiday-time since I've been back. All we've been doing is swimming, waking up late, cycling around the water, watching movies.
In the three days that I've been back, I've probably cycled more than I have in a year in London. I stacked it on the first night, and I've been a little bit more cautious since. I was going downhill, and couldn't find the slopey bit at the end so ended up just flying over the kerb. Flying's great, it's just the landing that's not so fun. I knew I couldn't do anything to stop it though, so I just tried to enjoy the ride. My hands and knees are a little bit grazed up, but nothing too life threatening. I'm just a lot more cautious on the downhill bits since.
I wish I could tell you about the spectacular items I've been knitting with all my free time, but the truth is, I haven't done anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment